We often tend to agree with the saying that goes, ‘Out with the old and in with the new’, which is in most cases oddly relatable … Well at least in the fashion world. Of course, styles die out like changing seasons and we feel a constant need to refresh our wardrobes … same goes for shoes. In other words, it’s time to move on and keep up with upcoming trends! This spring is already challenging us for our fashion styles and it’s time to think of some new kicks to prep us right for the summer.
My mother once told me, ‘You can accurately judge a person by the shoes they are wearing’. I never fully thought about that until I realised I was unintentionally already doing it and let me tell you … shoes are important.
My mother once told me, ‘You can accurately judge a person by the shoes they are wearing’. I never fully thought about that until I realised I was unintentionally already doing it and let me tell you … shoes are important. While you can throw a super simple outfit on and walk out the door, the shoes you will put on will represent your look by 80% (at least that’s what I think) and that’s what people are going to spot when they meet up with you that day. The shoes you wear usually say a lot about your personality traits too; showy and ‘extra’ shoes belong to extroverts, shoes that are somewhat ‘dated’ but have been well cared for are typically worn by conscientious people, and agreeable and calm personalities tend to wear practical and functional shoes.
And so to equally consider the spectrum of personal preferences in the best way possible, I have put up a list of 15 shoes to crush on before the summer because life is for sure better with the right pair on!
15. White RB Slim Sneakers, Rag & Bone.
Available here on Ssense, at $275.
14. Pink Achilles Low Sneakers, Common Projects.
Available here on Ssense, at $415.
13. Air Max 90 CS, Nike.
Available here on Mr Porter, at $140.
12. Suede Espadrilles, Loro Piana.
Available here on Mr Porter, at $635.
11. Superstar Leather trainers, Golden Goose.
Available here on Matches Fashion, at $525.
10. LD Waffle sacai Black, Nike.
Available here on Stock X, starting at $601.
9. Patent leather Sneakers, Angela Mitchell.
Available here on Angela Mitchell, at $458.
8. Rockrunner camouflage suede and mesh trainers, Valentino.
Available here on Matches Fashion, at $520.
7. Kusari White Mesh Leather Sneaker, Y-3.
Available here on Amazon, starting at $168.
6. Lou Spikes high-top suede studded trainers, Christian Louboutin.
Available here on Matches Fashion, starting at $795.
5. Exaggerated-sole leather and mesh trainers, Fendi.
Available here on Matches Fashion, at $954.
4. Blue Spectre Runner Sneakers, Givenchy.
Available here on Ssense, at $750.
3. 3-D Printed Sneakers, Walter Van Beirendonck x GIDDY UP.
Available here on GIDDY, at $230.
2. Trail Sneakers SS20, Louis Vuitton.
Available in stores at Louis Vuitton, starting at $1,650.
1. B23 HIGH-TOP SNEAKERS, DIOR.
Available in stores at Dior, starting at $1,100.