So ask yourself this who are you rooting for? The voice that’s going to give you the strength to rise above any situation or the voice that’s constantly going to drag you down?
The Beauty versus The Beast. A constant battle that we fight within ourselves every single day. The Beauty, representing who we truly are; strong, beautiful, loving, courageous and powerful human beings. Then there’s the Beast, that disruptive loud voice in our heads that is there constantly telling our minds that we’re not good enough, smart enough, we’re not pretty, we’re not capable and the list goes on … There’s this constant tug of war going on between both mindsets. So my question is; How do we turn down the volume of those disruptive thoughts and raise the volume of the quiet voice that’s always cheering for us?
The answer I came to is simple. That is through pure love, filling our body, mind and soul with this energy, more and more each day. Love heals us all, it’s what completes us, so why do we separate ourselves from it? Always judging ourselves, our thoughts our actions and continuously worrying if we’re doing the right thing or not? Ugh … just the thought of it drains me. If you think about it, we focus so much time and energy on what is wrong with ourselves rather than enhancing and celebrating the truly beautiful and empowering aspects of who we really are.
So ask yourself this who are you rooting for? The voice that’s going to give you the strength to rise above any situation or the voice that’s constantly going to drag you down? I try to ask my self this question at every given moment throughout the day. Practising valuing every part of myself, even my flaws, has helped me in boosting my confidence to be my self and become a step closer to reaching my goals.
Through my spiritual path, I have come to learn that when we become aware of how thoughts effect our life, we become more empowered because the awareness gives us the strength to alter our negative thoughts to positive ones. The more we practice building a relationship with ourselves that is loving and kind, then the easier it gets. Here are some tips that I have found helpful in awakening the love that lies within:
1) When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say out loud three things that you value about yourself (Yell it out if you have to! You compliment others, don’t you? So why not give yourself a little boost?).
2) Throughout the day when a negative thought about yourself comes to mind, replace it with a positive affirmation (Example: “I am capable” or “Everything I need to succeed is within me”).
3) Stop comparing yourself to others (“Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken” – Oscar Wilde).
4) Make time to think of all the people and all the things that you appreciate in your life (Taking the time to do this, opens our hearts and fills our body and mind with compassion and inner peace).
5) Breathe! (Take a few deep breathes whenever those anxious feeling of doubt come in. Breathing connects us to the life force of energy that surrounds us, making us feel more grounded and in our power).
6) Remember love is the most powerful weapon that’s always accessible to you. All you have to do is remind yourself of all the wonderful qualities that are engraved in your essence!