The London-based fine jewellery brand constantly demonstrates a keen eye for craftsmanship, resulting in both statement & classic jewellery pieces which imbibe a timeless effortlessness & understated versatility.
Intrigued by the brand’s incredible ethos & designs, we asked Team Fehmida Lakhany to share 6 interesting facts about the label that we didn’t know.
1. The label has been around for 20 years, whilst Fehmida‘s family has been involved in the jewellery business for over 50 years; dealing in raw materials, such as Diamonds and Emeralds. Fehmida was the only one from her family who took the stones and started to design.
2. Each piece is only created once, giving the client ultimate exclusivity and making each piece extra special.
3. The Fehmida Lakhany ethos is to create wearable art and remove the stigma surrounding fine jewellery; that it should only be worn on special occasions.
4. Fehmida’s Mother was from Burma, which is a country known for the rare Burmese Rubies.
5. Each stone is handpicked by Fehmida or her daughter, Fariha, and together they ensure that they are present and involved at each stage of the jewellery making process.
6. The craftsmen behind the jewellery are all women – this is important to Fehmida and Fariha who are strong advocates of female empowerment & believe that only women can replicate the elegance and intricacy that they seek in their designs.
Follow Fehmida Lakhany: @fehmidalakhany